Acticoat* (with Nanocrystalline Silver)† dressing is an effective anti-microbial barrier dressing. The nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes. Acticoat dressing consists of three layers: an absorbent inner core sandwiched between outer layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net. Nanocrystalline silver protects the wound site from bacterial contamination while the inner core helps maintain the moist environment optimal for wound healing.
• Nanocrystalline Silver Anti-microbial barrier
• Fast acting
• Long lasting
• Effective barrier to over 150 pathogens
• Helps prevent infection
• Reduces risk of colonization
• Effective barrier to bacterial penetration
• Helps maintain a moist wound environment
• Easy to use
• Low adherent
Nanocrystalline Silver Anti-microbial barrier
Acticoat dressing provides unique protection for the wound site.
Acticoat laboratory testing shows Acticoat rapidly kills bacteria in as little as 30 minutes – faster than other forms of silver
Long lasting anti-microbial barrier
Acticoat Is a long lasting anti-microbial barrier, which remains effective a minimum of 3 days.
(In-Vitro data shows) Acticoat is an effective barrier to over 150 pathogens which includes a broad spectrum of gram positive and gram negative bacteria and fungal wound pathogens. Acticoat is an effective barrier to antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as Antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE).
Helps prevent infection
Acticoat helps prevent infection of wounds that are susceptible to infection in turn facilitating wound healing
Reduces risk of colonization
Acticoat reduces the risk of colonization. Colonization can lead to infection, which slows down the wound healing process. This means greater patient comfort and can lead to shorter hospital stays and lower patient cost.
Effective barrier to bacterial penetration
Acticoat provides an effective bacterial barrier to protect the wound site.
Helps maintain the moist wound environment
In the presence of exudate, Acticoat helps maintain a moist wound environment, optimal for fast healing.
Easy to use
Easier and less painful to remove than SSD (silver sulphadiazine) preparations making it a dressing of choice for both the patient and carer
Dressing changes are less traumatic than traditional methods, for both the patient and carer.
Acticoat Dressing is indicated as an anti-microbial barrier layer over partial and full thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns, donor and recipient graft sites.
Contraindications / Precautions
• Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver.
• Do not use on patients undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination.
• For external use only
• Acticoat is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum.
• Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
• Acticoat may cause transient discolouration of the surrounding skin.
• Avoid exposure to temperatures above 50ºC.
• Protect from light
• Do not use if product colour is not uniform.
† Patented Technology of Westaim Biomedical